In life, most of us plan for a variety of things, such as education, vacation, and retirement. But, many of us delay in planning for end-of-life decisions. Take a few moments to determine how prepared you are for the future, and identify what you need to do to ensure your peace of mind today.
- Have you prepared a will?
- Have you shared your final wishes with your family?
- Is the designated beneficiary on your life insurance policies and 401K updated and accurate?
- Have you decided upon and established a health care directive?
- Would your family be financially secure if you were to die tomorrow?
- Have you secured a cemetery property or final resting place?
- If something happened to you today, would your loved ones know who to call?
- Are your loved ones aware of the benefits available to them in the event of your death?
- Have you stored your financial information, insurance policies, and other important documents in a safe location that is easily accessible for your loved ones?
- Are you aware that there are more than 100 decisions that have to be made in the first 24 hours following a death?
If you answered yes to seven or more of these questions, then you are on your way to a clear, established end-of-life plan. It is vital that you address any remaining items on the list so that your loved ones will know what to do in the event of your passing.
If you answered yes to less than seven of these questions, it is important that you begin putting your affairs in order and establish important end-of-life decisions for yourself.
To learn more about how you can plan ahead and ease the future burden on your loved ones, please contact Southern Cremations & Funerals at Cheatham Hill in Marietta at (770) 766-5067, or fill out our online contact form. Our compassionate staff is available to answer your questions and help you establish an end-of-life plan at any time.